Sunday, January 15, 2012

Let's get started

Okay here I go - off into the world of "blogdom"!  I can't believe I am really going to give this a try.  I would love to have a forum for showing some of my artwork and doodles, so this seemed like a good thing to try.  We will see how well I can do this . . . .

Might as well introduce you to my handsome lab mix.  His name is Lakota and he is the ruler of our house.  He came into my life as a 6 lb. pound puppy.  We had just lost our other rescue of 19 years!  That was a devastating loss.  To start again with an energetic puppy after losing a very calm 19 year old dog was an eye-opener to say the least.  But we did it!  Of course, to complicate matters 4 days after we got him, we discovered he had parvo.  Prognosis not good.  After a long time in intensive care (5 days), he was pronounced well enough to come home.  He is now 101 pounds and a bundle of love and energy - so I guess he recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!