Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Challenge #65

     Ahhh . . .  spring break and a "young" girl's heart turns to . . . okay, not love.  It turns to sleeping late, tangling my heart out, scrapbooking, plugging into the computer to play Sims3 and playing either fetch or football with Lakota.  The weather is perfect (so far) and I am feeling so relaxed. 
     Monday morning, I got to dash to the computer and check out the Diva's challenge #65. I knew it would be a UMT (use my tangle).  What would it be?  I had been playing with lots of the choices on her site - just to get ready.  I had my fingers crossed for some of them to "win".  But fate was not kind.  Diva's random number generator came up with JJ LaBarbera's Huggy Bear tangle.  Uh oh.  It isn't that I don't like that tangle, it's that it doesn't like me.  Really, I tried it.  It looks really great - when someone else does it.  Just not me.  But I had made up my mind not to miss a challenge, and I had all of spring break if I had to, so here we go!
    I took off with no plan in mind - not totally new to me.  I wanted one huge Huggy Bear and other "stuff" around it.  It turned out okay.  Not bad, but not really special.  I could quit.  I could move on to other tangles I really connected with.  But it was spring break and I have all this glorious time.  So here we go again . . .
     I  decided for round 2 to play with some variations of the tangle.  Maybe that would help.  I really got into the quiet mood with the second one.  When I sat back and looked at it, I knew I had gotten it.  While not "perfect", this tile really appeals to me.  I just may find myself looking at Huggy Bear with a new respect.  I love these challenges and the growth it makes me go through.  Also, I learn SO much from looking at the other entries. 
     I hope everyone is having a wonderful week and thank you for visiting my site.  I also appreciate all the comments you leave - just another phase of growing!!

Better go now - my football partner is waiting!! 


11 comments:

  1. Oh I like both of them, but The second one is super!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both tiles are beautiful....I feel the second one makes you happy...it just feels more relaxed! I think the zen set in! Happy spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, your second tile is so creative! I think you figured out HB better than I did:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both tiles are great - Using the large Huggy Bear with a smaller trail, is inspired.... However, I LOVE your second one! What a great background to display some variations - very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of these! The huge HB in the first one is great and the second is very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them both! Your tiles are so creative. Love the big HB in the top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice tiles! My favorite is the 2nd one. I like the set of tiles splayed out. Great job! Have a wonderful spring break. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the challenge, it is really special when we can persevere with something and come out successful. I love the Huggy bear swatches in the second tile. Your football partner is really sweet too. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like them both but am partial to the second. I think Huggy Bear is one of those tangles that takes a little getting used to. Don't get discouraged, you do great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super job - love the big baubles - very striking

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!