Sunday, August 19, 2012

Zendala Dare #19 and a new challenge!

     Arrgh!  My summer is slipping away!  In a few short weeks, I will be off to a mad dash!  But for now, I can enjoy the dares and challenges provided for me.  And they are so much fun!  The dare this week by Erin is awesome.  See the button for The Bright Owl and check out all the beautiful work that others have done.  This template appeals to me.  I love the boxes!  I copied several others and hope to get to doing some more.  The first one is really a mono tangle - unless we have to count the woven lines in the middle.  I love the tangle "shimono" by JJ LaBarbera.  Actually I love lots of the tangles she does.  But I chose to do shimono both large and small to cover my boxes.  I also like how they turned out 3D.  Kinda cool.
Boxed In
The next one I really didn't have a plan for.  I just wanted to see how Cindy Angiel's tangle "sprigal" would look on the boxes in color.  Then I needed something for the center of each box and something to pull them together.  So I chose fengle and paradox.  Of course, there had to be some paradox somewhere!
       I found another neat challenge this week you might want to check out.  It comes to us from Judy West at Creative Doodling.  She has shown us how to make a freestyle celtic knot then asked us to use one in a piece of art.  So here is my entry in her challenge.  Oh by the way, Diva, you have inspired me to keep at mooka - can you tell?
      Hope everyone is having a wonderful week and happy tangling!!

13 comments:

  1. I love the way you have made the first tile 3-D and it has turned into an Escher type picture. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you cubed them is so fantastic! The second is lined and delicate with soft beautiful colors! I also love our Celtic knots with embellished beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are gorgeous! I love the 3-dness of the first and whimsy of the cool little starfish one! Love the awesome celtic one too- all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great Cathy. Love your interpretation of the Celtic knot. Also think your Dare 19's look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these are great. I particularly love #3. I like underwater/marine life so I find it particularly endearing, but, aside from that, it's just really cool looking. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dimensionality of the first Zendala and the colors in the second.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the 3d look of the cubes, and the colors in the second one are gorgeous. Great job with the celtic knots too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love the 3d look of the first one, very special!!! The other two are also very nice.

    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow for the 3D-look!
    I also love the colored one, it's colorful and delicate and full at the same time! Amazing to look at :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how different the two Zendalas are. Both lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow--I really love the dimension you achieved on the first and the colors on the second are so soft and inviting--sweet little fengles! Your freeform celtic knot piece is great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of your work here. I love how you've "zoomed in" shimono for some of the boxes in the first one. That is really cool. The 3D effect is really wonderful. I envy your Fengle and lovely colors in the second zendala. Beautiful work all around.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!