Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy, happy, happy!

    I have so many happy things going on right now - not all huge and earth shattering, just the plain and simple joys of life.  Good things to be grateful for.  My brother and I had a wonderful Christmas.  I got so many exciting things - zentangle books, a cutterbug embosssing system, and a wood burning pen.  Like I said - lots of fun.  I am on the mend from a nasty cold (yeah, for that).  I also have another week of vacation. 
     Another thing I am thankful for - the challenges and dares that have enriched my zentangling experience.  They have caused me to stretch to do the tiles, and connected me to so many wonderful new friends.  Erin at the Bright Owl (see side bar) has a great template this week.  I began without a real plan, just doodling along.  Actually it came out alright - even if has these little squid or alien thingies around the outside.  Either way it was fun.
Dare #38
     Another piece of happy this week was the arrival of the Blog Friendship Cup!  Remember I told you I won the cup!  It was made even sweeter because it arrived the day before my birthday.  So, Diana (Wolf Howlings) may have been distressed she didn't send it in the (hopeful) three weeks time frame - but I think her timing was PERFECT!  The cup is gorgeous!  It now is a beautiful pink (thanks to Diana) and was filled packed inside and out with the most awesome of goodies!  I absolutely squealed when I saw "official, true blue" zentangle tiles!  I have been thinking some day I would try them and now that day is here!  I just want to make sure I choose a really good piece to put on them - the blank canvas is scary.  I have new watercolor pencils, a key keeper, tea, sweets, . . .the list is too long to list.  What a wonderful surprise!  Take a peek inside . . .
see those cool pencils and tiles,  ooooo play time for Cathy!
     Now it is my turn to share the fun!  I need to alter the cup in some way - perhaps I will quill something for it. I don't know yet.  Then I have to make a tag to attach to it.  Then (drumroll, please) I get to fill it inside and out with goodies for . . .wait, who is it for?!  That's where you come in.  I need someone special to send this to.  "How can it be me?" you ask.  I will tell you.  Very simply.  Please become a follower of my blog (if you are not already) and leave me a comment with your email address in it.  I will take the comments and number them and then use my random number generator to provide one lucky person with a box of fun! I will draw the name on Monday, Jan. 7th.  Thanks for joining us on this cool journey!
     One more rather silly happy and then I shall close this wordy blog.  My absolute favorite thing dessert wise is store bought birthday cake.  My grandmother used to ask all the grandkids what kind of cake we wanted her to make especially for our birthdays.  I think I was somewhat of a disappointment when I requested a store bought one and not one of her awesome concoctions.    When I became diabetic (about 8 years ago), one of my first thoughts was that I would never taste that horribly sweet cake again.  I know . . . there were way more important thoughts connected with the discovery, but honestly, I was so distraught that was the easiest one to focus on.  I work very hard to keep my blood sugar in check - having brought it from 502 to a daily 90 - 100.  Big difference.  But there at first it meant the grocery store became an instant "Cathy pity party".  Not any more I am happy to say.  I am afterall creative and why shouldn't that apply to cooking?  However there is yearly the matter of the birthday cake.  Well, not really.  It seems our local Wal-Mart carries a very small, sugar free version of my passion - and I can only find it once a year!  Is that not really cool?  I guess they could be doing it just for little ol' me, but I rather doubt it.  Either way, just another happy in my happy title!
two pieces for me, two for Ray and it's all over til next year!
      Now I am truly finished writing.  Don't forget to enter the Blog Friendship Cup giveaway!  I can't wait to see who I get to surprise!  (Don't get your hopes up, I am NOT sharing the cake). 
       Happy New Year to you all!!

10 comments:

  1. Your zendala is really beautiful! Thanks for sharing your happy things. It's important to remember that especially the little things give us yhe most hapyness.
    HAPPY newyear!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your zendala is delightful! I like those 'alien-squid' things! Belated happy birthday, enjoy the cup! And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful zendala, the alliens look like bugs to me crawling to the center. Well done, a belated happy birtday and a happy new year to you and your beloved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your zendala is lovely. Very lacey-looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments. Anyone interested in the blog friendship cup? Please let me know! I promise it is a load of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice zendala, with many interesting and fun tangles. Happy belated birthday, and I agree with Ann - thanks for sharing your happy things! I love to hear the positives in life! I keep seeing bits and pieces about this cup... but don't know the background. Maybe someone can post a bit of a story and history for those of us who don't know about it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job. I had thought of using coil but thought maybe the space was too small. You did a great job with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your zendala has a lovely delicate look and an interesting variety of tangles. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I realize this is a few months late, but if you still have the cup and nobody else is interested in it, I'd be happy to have it return to me.
    ~Teeni from Aunty's Tea Room and a/k/a The Mad Crochet Scientist

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!