Monday, February 18, 2013

Inchies Monday - "broom"

     The word this week for our Inchies Monday was "broom".  I had some thoughts, but which way to go?
     My favorite movie of all times is The Wizard of Oz.   I thought about Margaret Hamilton and her broom - the Wicked Witch of the West.
     My brother, Ray, suggested Harry Potter's broom.
     In the end another good movie classic won out - Fantasia.  I love Disney and the Sorceror's Apprentice is one of my favorite scenes.  Now that I had made the decision to use that - how do I make it "pop"?
    I went to the internet (where else?) and printed about 15 inch size pictures of what I wanted.  Then I proceeded to cut out the broom and bucket on about 12 of them.  You heard me screaming right?  Cutting anything that small was slightly nerve wracking! And as if I hadn't tortured my old eyes enough, I cut 5 or six of the tiny bucket and broom bottom.  I do like the way they give the photo depth though.  I just may not be able to hold a glass of water still for awhile!

     Thank you for dropping by and as always I look forward to reading your comments.  Now I think I will grab my pens and do some zentangling - I may need the ZEN right about now!


8 comments:

  1. That's so much work!. It's really good too. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! Just to let you know I've given your blog a Liebster Award. The details are on my blog. Let's all grow our blog audience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this, what a great take on the theme, never would have thought about that movie, great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful ideas and truly original inchie

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous inchie and a great take on the theme.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that detail has made for a fabulous multidimensional finished Inchie. Really like your interpretation of the theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!