Tuesday, March 26, 2013

This Child Survived!

   Strange title?  Well, not really if you read the quote further down on one of my tangles.  In school we learn that people need certain things to survive - air, water, food, shelter.  I don't confuse them but in my opinion add creativity to that list.  And I am on definite overdose this spring break week.  I love having long hours to draw and do other things that feed my creative need.  It is so great to have the challenges and dares done so quickly.  Then to have the time to go and look over all the other's entries and get to comment.  Generally  I am in such a hurry I don't get to do those things.  What fun!
     The Diva wanted us to revisit the tangle "mooka".  I rewatched the video.  That was inspiring.  Then I just played with mooka all over a tile.  Nothing really spectacular, but it was very fun.  I need to stop avoiding this tangle.  It isn't as daunting as I seem to think at times.  Actually it is just a lot of fun.  A real departure from my normal very controlled tangles that I lean toward.  I plan on trying to use this one more often.  Check the link to Diva's site on the sidebar to see lots of beautiful examples of this tangle, plus the video that I mentioned.

     Margaret Bremner posted a couple of templates to some really cool orb looking things.  I loved the look and of course, had to give it try.  I chose to use "dex" because it looked like it could fit nicely.  There were a couple of tight squeezes around the edges, but overall it is pretty cool looking.  Check out her site and see the orbs for yourself - really cool!  

     Thank you for dropping by and I hope you are finding the time you need to help the child in you survive!

11 comments:

  1. Love your sphere! Dex is wonderful choice of tangle; it looks as if it's coming out and also going in. (I might try it too!) I pulled the image and will include it in my future blog post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. My brother says it looks like the Epcot sphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, I'm especially taken with your Dex orb. Lovely line work and shading on both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Mookas, and Beautiful Orb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mooka challenge has proven that you are a Mooka fan! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great tiles. I love your sphere, I think I am going to try that too. Thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Mookas are lovely! The 3D-effect of the sphere is amazing, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun and delightful tangling Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Mooka is such a fun pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mooka's are pretty nice - but I got caught up in your orb - it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!