Friday, May 31, 2013

Monotangle #12 - Verve

     My schedule is hectic.  Things are changing for me.  I have been on an emotional rollercoaster.  So when I saw Roy's choice for our monotangle this week, I nearly shouted with joy!  Verve is one of those wonderful, relaxing "go to" favorites of mine.  I love this tangle.  And it was exactly what I needed for a few minutes of peace.
     I did the first with some gel pens on a piece of black.  I love the neon effect. 
     For the second tile, I drew a string then filled the two sides with verve.  The large white space in the center bothered me. Too much white space.  But to fill it with verve also . . .  well, that would be too much.  And using another tangle was out, because of the need for a monotangle.  What to do?  Aha!  I grabbed a pencil and used it to fill the space with verve, but because of the contrast it didn't overpower the piece.  I liked the "shadow" effect.  It shows up a bit better on the original.
      Maybe now that school is out - as of today - I will be a little more "chilled".  It was a hard day.  Saying goodbye to 20 of the best kids I have ever been fortunate enough to teach and add to that I have had almost all of them for 2 years . . . well, the emotions were on overcharge.  They are permanent part of my heart and will be missed.
     Add to that, my principal has decided to move me to another position . . . whew!  The other position sounds exciting, but I am like a two year old at heart.  I hate change of any sort - even if I like what I am changing to.  My feelings on the change - well, they change about every few hours.  I love it.  I am afraid I won't do a good job.  Why is this happening?  What if I don't like it?  This will be so much fun.  You get the idea.  Put on top of that I must change classrooms.  Eek! Another change!  I hate moving and packing.  I have been in the same room for about 10-12 years and have accumulated a lot - A LOT - of stuff (junk).  Cleaning it all out is a major endeavor. 
    Anyway, that's my rollercoaster ride.  Thanks for dropping by and leaving me some sunshine.  I love hearing from you and I promise by next week this time, I am going to be much more relaxed - I hope. 

6 comments:

  1. The verve on black is very pleasant to look at - gives a sense of serenity. The other is quite interesting, looks like a river running through :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with both tiles. I love the two colors on black and what you did with the middel part of the second ons is stunning!
    O, I know exactly what you mean by al the hesitation about the change. I also know (from experiance) that in fact it always turns out allright. So, I'm sure it will turn out great for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I to like how you did the middle of your second one

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your second tile. Using the pencilled inner was genius and really makes this piece special.
    Good luck with all the changes ... take them one step at a time and remember to breathe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The way you did the shadow effect in the second tile is INSPIRED! I'm gonna hafta remember that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like both your monotangled pieces: great work! good luck with de-stressing :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!