Friday, November 1, 2013

Challenge #142 - Danger Zone

   For this Monday's challenge, we were asked to step outside of our comfort zone and try something we don't or at least rarely do.  I have two types of tangles I don't utilize very much.  That is not to say I don't like them.  I do.  When done by someone else.  I love the woven look of many tangles - huggins being one of them.  But it is not relaxing for me.  I spend the entire time saying the mantra "over / under" over and over.  Then going back over each line just certain I have put it in the wrong place.  Good grief!  So that had to be a part of my tile.  Had to.  The other tangle type has that curvy look.  I can't keep them even and that (since I am a horrible perfectionist) drives me up a wall.  I chose the tangle "groovy".  It is a beautiful tangle.  But my pieces look all "wonky".

    So there you go.  My tile is a duo tangle.  The two tangle types that do not inspire confidence.  At all.  I will use them again.  I will try them when I am feeling brave.  It just won't happen often.  And when I do, I will make sure to plan a long nap for afterward.
     Have a great week and may it be filled with blessings. 

5 comments:

  1. Your Huggins looks great. Some tangles are harder to get the flow of. I guess we just keep tangling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It´s a lovely result of your "danger zone"! I like your Huggins here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like your tile!!! A great duo-tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These two make a nice pairing that I wouldn't have thought of!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I really like Groovy (which I've never tried) as the backdrop to Huggins! Great composition.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!