Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Lovely, lazy days!

     It is sooo sweet to be out of school for this week of Thanksgiving.  I have been drawing like mad and hope to finish a few more Christmas presents before it is back to school for me.  I will post pictures of some of the things I am doing for presents, but not until after I give them away.  A few of them go to some special ladies that support me by reading this "nonsense" and I can't give away my secrets!
      In addition to creating presents, I have been working on ATC cards for a swap.  I almost have them all done and in the mail.  This swap has made getting mail so much fun!  I also love actually "owning" some of the brillant artists's work that I have admired for so long.
      Bright Owl had a great looking template for us to use this week.  But I really had a hard time with it.  My first go turned into an unintentional monotangle.  For the second one, I tried to use color to help out some very simple looking designs.
Peas, please
Dare #81

      Challenge number 145 at Diva's didn't turn out any easier.  This was shaping up to be a week of tough dares and challenges.  We had to do a duo-tangle using peanuckle and well.  I love peanuckle - it was love at first site when this tangle first appeared.  The tangle, well, well I think is just okay.  My tile is very basic, nothing fancy, but I found it very relaxing to do - at least the peanuckle part of it.
Challenge #146

      Every Inchie Monday's word was rope.  Another challenge!  I remember mom getting my brother some Avon soap on a rope,when he was little.  The soaps were all sorts of cartoon characters.  Aha!  An idea!

     Be on the lookout for a review from time to time here.  I have been contacted by Shoplet to be a product reviewer.  The whole thing is very exciting to me - I just hope I do a good job.  Do let me know what you think when one shows up.  Be critical, I can take it!
      Have a wonderful week and for those of you in the the U.S. -  happy Thanksgiving!!

13 comments:

  1. soap on a rope! never thought about that. What a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of them are lovely! I especially like your Inchie! A Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :0) Peace be Yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your monotangle Zendala...and amazed that someone loves Pea-nuckle - and it shows. Great tiles! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Soap on a rope was my first thought but I could never have drawn it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are lovely, but the first one is my favorite. I love this monotangle with a bit of Zinger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your zendalas are so good! Both of them! I am generally drawn more to ones that are colored (& wow, the colored one is beautiful,) but I love both of them equally!

    & your duotangle is awesome too! Great job on Pea-nuckle... I'm still not satisfied with mine... & I think the way you shaded the inside of the empty part of the string you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love your pea-nuckle, you really have that one down! Now me, I am a well girl, I have a hard time with the pea-nuckle! The zendalas are beautifully done, and the inchie is priceless! I remember those soaps on a rope! Happy Thanksgiving to you, my break starts today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All beautiful work and the soap on a tope is terrific

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pieces! Especially I like your colored zendala! It´s gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea for the Inchie, I haven't seen one for years. Fab zen says well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely zendala and challenge pieces, Cathy! I have only 2 more weeks of school until I am free forever! I cannot wait to have the entire year in front of me without having to worry about class plans or school terms :) Have a lovely break!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great inchie, I love it. I would never have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pea-pod zendala, it is a very happy one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!