Friday, May 22, 2015

Day 142 - Diva challenge

     Woke up to a very chilly Friday morning!  Super chilly for summer.   I wish I lived somewhere where the temp was about 75 degrees max during the day.   Then around 50 at night.  I love my summer time off from work, but I don't like the heat summer usually brings.
      Diva wanted us to use a white pen on black this week - option 1.  Option two was to draw on a "found" surface - something different.  For quite a while I have been meaning to get something on the cover of my sketch journal.  This was the perfect chance.  The cover is very bumpy and I wasn't sure it would handle drawing very well, but it did.  I was just going to put the drawing in the center but the ink was so friendly, I just kept at it.  I am quite please with this.  I hope it doesn't wear off over time. 
   Now, I have the rest of the day ahead of me and I need to begin to work on some Journal52 pages I am behind in.  Hopefully they will be finished between today and tomorrow and be my post for day 143.  Lots of fun stuff to work on!
     Thank you for coming by to visit! I hope you are having a wonderful day! 

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I hope it doesn't wear off either...because it looks like you have spent a lot of time making it so beautiful! Lots of different tangles too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the cover on my sketchbook too and then painted it with a clear decoupage glue and, so far, it's worked. This is lovely, and the bumps don't seem to have affected your work at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!