Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Every Inchie Monday - peanut!

      I missed last week.  I did the inchie, door, but I didn't post it.  Shame on me.  I meant to.  Really.  But where did that week go???  So here - even though late is last week's inchie for the word door.

      I worked very hard and got this week's ready to post because I am so linear I cannot stand being late.  Silly I know.  This week the word was peanut.  Another memory flash if you will bear with me.  Downtown Greensboro, N.C. used to be where we had to do any shopping - no malls, yet.  So every year we would go downtown to buy our school clothes.  One of mom's favorite stores, Belks, was right next to the Planter's Peanut store.  This store was a very narrow store, maybe 3 to 4 people wide at best.  Of course the aroma was divine.  The air was filled with peanuts.  We always had to go in and buy Daddy a bag of mixed nuts.  But my favorite was the giant statue out front of Mr. Peanut.  I loved that thing and always looked forward to seeing him.  Weird, huh?  Okay, on to my inchie.

     Thanks for dropping by and saying hello.  Tonight I need to finish up a baby shower silhouette.  Stop by and check it out in a day or two.  They are really popular and I love doing them because they are personalized.  Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. That is just too funny, Cathy. We almost have the same story except my Mr. Peanut was a man in a peanut suit LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the story about the peanut store. But I am like you I hate missing. I missed last week as well. Ate me up for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!