Sunday, April 10, 2016

Last day of spring break

    No.  No.  No, I can't get up at 6:00 tomorrow morning!  Please don't make me.  I was just telling Ray, that I love my job.  Don't even mind at all getting back with the kids and the teaching deal, but why do we have to get up at 6???  In case you haven't guessed, I am not a morning person.
    Spent some time crafting the last few days (no surprise there).  I had to get some birthday cards made for faculty members.  I always give everyone on our staff a card for their birthday.  I have for years.  It is a tradition with me.  It is also an excuse to play with my cricut!  Here are the ones I did for the April birthdays - several of them are Pinterest inspired.


      The next cricut project was to finish a Mother's Day shadow box.  I want to take this to school and hopefully sell some.   If you are interested, I would be happy to ship one.  Just leave your email in the comments and I will contact you.  The roses are handmade and can be any color you would like. 
      Every Inchie Monday's word was grandmother.  I really wanted to have a picture of my grandmother, but alas no ink.  So I went to an ephemera book and cut out an old fashioned looking lady.  Not my grandmother, but it works.  If it counts, while working on this inchie I did lots of reminiscing about my two wonderful grandmothers.  They were very different and very wonderful.  One I spent every weekend with and was delightfully spoiled rotten.  The other I was blessed with getting to know better before she passed away.  I just wish we had had more time.
        The roses in my mother's day box are inked.  I needed a place to put them on while doing this so I used a spot in my sketch book.  The pink looked so pretty and I couldn't waste it so I drew a tile around the pink and used it for my Diane Clancy challenge number 51.  The tangles are queasy, eighthundredeightyeight, and R2.  Then I added some tiny pink flowers - well, just because.

     This last piece has been in progress for several days.  I just decided to play around with some new tangles and some old favorites. 
     There we go!  Finished for a while.  Now I really have used all my excuses and must do a tiny bit of school work this afternoon.  Even if I would rather draw or craft.  And I would.  Thanks for dropping by and I hope you are having a wonderful day.  Please do consider a shadow box or share with someone you think might like one. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!