Monday, May 29, 2017

Ahhh . . . Bedroom Shoes!

     Growing up, I rarely had on a pair of shoes.  They were the first thing I pulled off when I got home from school.  I loved to walk in mud puddles, cool green grass, and sand piles.  As I grew up that changed of course.  I still love those feelings, but I have to endure shoes sometimes.  However to spend all day in my comfy shoes is so nice - and a Monday to boot!  Oh my! 
      Speaking of shoes (well, I was at least) they are my least favorite article of clothing.  I don't understand people who have closets of shoes.  If you are one of those, please bear with me for a moment.  I view shopping for shoes (which I am going to have to do to have a good pair of walking shoes) as pretty close to enduring the dentist.   Don't understand?  Consider my "feet".  I wear a size 4D shoe.  Nearly as wide as it is long.  Finding pretty and comfortable shoes in that size is impossible.  For example, my graduation shoes for high school had to be white.  Mom and I drove all over Greensboro, NC trying to find a pair of shoes I could wear.  Our final choice - a pair of Winnie the Pooh little girl shoes from Sears.  I told my parents under NO circumstances were they to tell anyone.  High school, baby shoes, oh dear!
     But I digress.  On to the challenges for this week (and it isn't even Saturday).  The inchie word was kangaroo.  I am not too happy with this kangaroo, but it was the best I could do.

     Joey's letter was V.  We had to use the tangle vano.  After that only one tangle would do - verve.  I love that tangle.  It is so relaxing to me.  Just flows along and is so easy to chill to.

     I had another watercolor background to play on.  So I just played around on it along with some pencils and a gel pen.  I need to make some more painted backgrounds.

     The last piece is a zendala.  I like trying my hand at gems.  I have one tiny goof, but I won't tell you where.

      Guess I will head off to another pursuit.  I need to work on my coloring book.  I really want it finished, I just can't seem to find motivation for that.  Have a wonderful week and take care!!

6 comments:

  1. I have the almost opposite shoe problem....9.5/10 wide!
    I like your inchie, looks like a Roo with attitude lol, love the zendala too :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yet another shoe problem: Also a 10 wide, but can't stand any kind of arch support in the shoe, not the slightest bit. And of course 99.9% of shoes have that support!! Ugh!

    I love your tiles, but I absolutely adore the zendala. Yup, I *think* I found the teeny tiny goof, but I'm not tellin', either, and if you hadn't mentioned it, I would never have seen it, lol. Such detail, I don't have that patience. Great job!

    Your motivation will come back. You're just sort of in an in-between zone from working to retirement right now, trying to adjust. Just chill, relax, and know it will be ok!!

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your verve makes a lovely background to your V! The gem in your zendala is gorgeous, lovely veins. I found as I got older my foot grew a size. Aways was a 6B now I'm a 7W but like you I hated buying shoes. I found some RED Josef Seibel backless clogs bought a red purse and wear them anytime I have to wear shoes out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely inchie and tangles. I know just where you are coming from with the shoe problem. I take a 2 1/2 or a 3 if there is a strap to keep them on. I ended up with relations who refused to take me shoe shopping. One of my daughters bought me some shoes from Sketchers with memory foam soles and I wear them all the time in the house. I am so impressed I bought some trainers as well, both in size 2 1/2

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard that small feet are hard to fit, I would not know since my feet are boats! I wear mens shoes for work and I am with you on why women have to have tons of shoes, I have 6 pair and of those 1 is for work and one is yard shoes that are barely hanging on lol I think you kangaroo is adorable! the tangles are as always amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Joey tile. I also don't understand why you have to have a closet for shoes :). But then - that is the variety of life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!