Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Eclipse Week

     I have a terrible time coming up with title for my posts.  They are not inspiring.  I mean, yes, this was eclipse week, but aside from stating that fact I don't have a lot of things to say about it.  I stayed inside that day.  I know, boring.  But I just didn't trust the glasses and all.  Also sunlight bothers my eyes.  Oh well.  If you were able to get out and see it - I hope you had a lot of fun.  I am glad that I was not responsible for a classroom of children.  Our school elected to go that day and all sat outside and watched it with glasses provided for them.  I would have been very nervous worrying about them removing the glasses and such.  But the pictures posted showed they had a good time.
     My FB journal challenge this week was fun!  I like the one I did for the color black best.  Inside the Love challenge I wrote things that mean a lot to me. 
     The inchie word was seagull.  We live hours from the ocean, but - strangely - we often see seagulls in the grocery store parking lot.  Why?  I haven't a clue.  Maybe they are not really seagulls, but just look like them.  Whatever.
      The guest blogger over at Diva's wanted us to do a plate type tile.  She suggested doing one, but I had to have the whole plate.  I also chose to do it in blue to remind me of a plate my grandma used to have.
     Made by Joey has a 9 week challenge going on.  That is fine, but I am having to force myself to not work ahead.  I love how it has started out.  Of course red, black and white are awesome color combos.
     I actually called the insurance company and got info about cataract surgery.  I have to do this.  My eyes are not doing very well and it goes without saying I would be lost if I could not draw or create to some degree.  I am so afraid of the surgery.  Laying there awake while someone "fiddles" around in my eye grosses me out!  If any of you have ANY experience or have talked with someone who has, please share some encouraging words with me.  Please don't tell me anything negative - I have no trouble at all coming up with those thoughts, lol! 
    Thank you for dropping by - if you are not following my blog already, I would love for you too!  Have a wonderful rest of the week.  Hugs!

14 comments:

  1. Kathy, first of all, my son had a cataract removed, and he says that there is absolutely nothing to it, nothing. It is totally painless, and when he walked out of the office, he could see again. So go ahead and have it done.

    Secondly, you're doing the Journal/Tangled prompts, so I'm wondering if you're also doing the ATC swaps? I sent mine off yesterday...it would be a hoot if we ended up getting each other's.

    Thirdly, as always, I love your tiles. The plate honoring your grandmother? Well, IMO, it should be framed, it's that lovely, and with good memories behind it.

    I also love the red, white and black tiles for Joey's challenge. Yup, it's hard to keep from working ahead, lol.

    JoyceB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had done the swap. Perhaps you and I can swap some tiles - ATC or any size you would like sometime. I will get the next one! Thanks for the reassurance about cataracts. I have got to do this. My right eye is a total blur.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous work Cathy! Those plates are insanely beautiful and your Joey ensemble is progressing wonderfully. I love the little touches of red. I stayed inside during the eclipse too. I live in San Francisco and haven't seen the sun in weeks;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Delft Diva, those plates always are in style imo.
    Joey's Challenge is looking good too, the red there really looks great. I think being retired is suiting you, your work looks more relaxed to me. When I had my wisdom teeth pulled a few years ago there was a whole room full of people getting their cataracts done, every 10 minutes they were in and out. It's such routine surgery now. Some of my friends had a lens put in and now no longer have to wear glasses! I wear contacts but it sure would be nice not to have to put them in every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the art pieces! They are all great. The seagulls do seem to congregate at parking lots. I will say a prayer for you with the surgery. I can tell you that so many people who have had the surgery have been so happy with the results. You got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Cathy what a great journey we're all on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing art as always and a wonderful active inchie..seagulls seem to be everywhere now inland or on the coast..there are so many they go looking for food I imagine
    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you I have to have such surgery in the (not very) near future. Like you, I'm already freaking out. But ... I know so many people (even this week someone I know had the surgery) that had it and they ALL tell me it's nothing to be scarred of. They also tell me that you get some drops in you eye and after that you don't really see things coming to your eye. So .. Let's try to believe all of them and be brave (and if necessary take a pill to relax a bit). I like your tiles by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm like Annemarie, it has started so will happen in the future. You will need to share your "positive" outcome so that you can help lessen the fears that many of us have.
    Wonderful pieces to share this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tangles, I love the plate and the idea of doing the set of nine really appeals to me. Great seagull as well.
    Good luck with your eyes, you will feel much better when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great artwork! I understand about eyes....I'd be lost too. My father in law has cataract surgery- both eyes....said he wished he'd done it sooner as it was so good to see properl'y again and my dad had to have surgery for his glaucoma (needed to reduce pressure!) again, delighted with the results. Hang in there and you will reap the benefits.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely inchie and I love your red, black and white project...can't wait to see the final piece...regarding cataract removal, my brother had one removed just last week...he has had terrible trouble with his eyesight in general and retinas in particular...so cataract surgery was a big decision as it was his "good" eye that was affected. He was required to stay in overnight because he is elderly, lives alone and has almost no vision in the other eye...the surgery was a resounding success. He can read far better without his glasses now than he could even with his glasses on previously and was able to resume all his activities, even driving, within four days. Just find a surgeon you trust, I think that can help a lot with your confidence. Di

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Inchie as it reminds me of Jonathan Livingston Seagull and I didn't think he would fit - you proved me wrong!! Great art work love the plate and your 9 tile is going to be spectacular such a great start x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!