Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Hermit Crabs and other Challenges!

     
      I love hermit crabs.  They are one of my favorite animals.  I have always been fascinated by their behavior.  Okay, now I don't want to start any heated discussions, but I know that it is advised (strongly) against keeping them as pets - cruel, bad for the environment, etc.  I get that.  Honestly.  Over the years I have had many, many of these adorable pets.  At one time I had a huge 20 gallon tank set up with sand, water, and climbing items.  I fed them crab food plus fruits and veggies.  I took them out once a week and misted them to prevent their drying out.   All of that is said in my defense of being a good crab owner.  One of my crabs was as big as a man's fist!  He was quite a thing to watch lumbering about.  Just taking the time to draw one made me think how nice it would be to have some more - you need more than one because they are quite social!  Also did you know that late at night they make these delightful "chittering" sounds?  Yep.  I do think ANY animal kept wrong is cruel.  But I did my research and hopefully gave them a good home for the years I kept them.  Anyway, here is my inchie.
      Loving this 9 tile Joey challenge!!  I am trying to pull a little from the tiles they connect to each week.  It is a challenge for me not to add even a little on the next week's tile. 
      A zendala for the FB journal challenge.  I love coloring or drawing mandalas.  They are so peaceful to do.
      And last a page from my newest coloring book.  I tried to stay with the warm color palette.  This one was nice because I did not have to worry about realism!  Just color!
       And now, off to . . . I am not sure what!  Whatever I want I guess.  I bought a vegetable spiralizer this week and I need to figure out how it works.  My plan is to spiralize (is that not a word?) zucchini to use as a replacement for pasta - an effort to help with the carbs.  We shall see.  My brother is looking at me somewhat skeptically.  He could be right1
      Thanks for dropping by!  By the way, if you left me a message about a swap, I need more info to contact you!  Hope you read this!  See you all!


12 comments:

  1. Swap: Find me on fb, under Joyce Bruns, and leave me a private message. Looking forward to hearing from you!

    As usual, love your tiles, and really like the way you did "Breach." But the Zendala? Wow! Great job, love it!

    And, like you, I like to color stuff that isn't real, lol.

    JoyceB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are about 10 Joyce Bruns showing up! Which are you? This is almost comical!

      Delete
    2. Ten of me? Good grief, lol! I had no idea, seriously. Ok, let's see here: Glasses, goofy grin, reddish-brown hair, brown eyes, retired from waffle house. You can also try Haiku Happy in the search engine...that's one of my 365 projects, and I wrote an haiku a day for 365 days. Anyway, still looking to hear from you!!

      JoyceB

      Delete
  2. The Joey´s challenge looks great!Love the red touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the story about the crabs and the inchie. I have never had one as a pet, but I love the fact that you still love them! I have a spiralizer and I really love it. Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fascinating that you kept hermit crabs - I know nothing about them at all and was very interested in your blog! Your little drawing is gorgeous and your zentangles are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work, Cathy! I really love what you did with Breach in Joey's tile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pieces Cathy! I absolutely love the Joey series. Those pops of red are perfect;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful art work Cathy...I also like the story about your hermits...my children had a couple for several years when they were young, they had good lives too. Dixx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely Cathy! Such a treat to see everyone's tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Lovely colours on the colouring book and an adorable crab :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!