Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Wonderful Wednesday

    I usually try to post on Tuesdays, but yesterday I was busy.  In the morning I went to my first retired educators meeting.  While not necessarily thrilling, it was interesting.  I enjoyed seeing some old friends I had lost touch with and it was a chance to get out.  The highlight of my day was the afternoon.  I went back to the school where I taught and spent the afternoon visiting.  Oh that was delightful!  I got to hug and and be hugged (attacked is really a better word) by my kids from last year.  They are all so precious to me.  Then I wandered the hall way and visited with lots of old friends.  There are so many new faces it was hard to keep up with who they were.  I thought perhaps after all my anxiety about leaving that returning to visit would kick all of that back up.  Not so.  Today is a wonderful Wednesday and here I sit chilling and talking to you and making plans to draw later.  My day, how I want it.  Yes, it is a wonderful Wednesday!!
     Every Inchie's word is trout this week.  My brother suggested just doing a bottle of tartar sauce since that is how he would like to see some trout.  I went with the more "alive" version. 
     Space number six for the Joey's Inspiration Challenge!  I can't wait to see this one finished. 

     Here are just a few more things I worked on this past week - a coloring page and a couple of pages in my tangle sketchbook.
     I plan to work a bit this afternoon on my future coloring book.  It seems from all I have read that I now need to take all my drawings into a computer program, probably Inkscape, and "clean them up".  I have no idea what I am doing.  I hope it becomes obvious when I actually start, if not I am totally lost, lol!  I will let you know how it goes. 
     Thanks for dropping by and I hope you are having a wonderful day!

9 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good visit at your school!! Your tile for #6 is lovely, your Ginilli came out so well. We won't talk about mine, lol. The tile that has Btl Joos on it...what is the tangle to the left of it, the long one with "tunnels" on it? I love that!!

    Glad you're having a Wonderful Wednesday, and hope you also have a Terrific Thursday!!

    JoyceB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uinline or unline, not sure of the spelling!

      Delete
  2. So nice to have ones life choice decisions confirmed, isn't it? I am glad you went with your version of the Trout, lovely outcome, lovely pages, Dixx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work Cathy! Your ensemble is looking gorgeous;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your Wednesday was Awesome! So glad to hear that! I do love the Joey challenge. It looks really amazing! I like your brothers idea for the inchie LOL that would be my kind of design! haha, Love all the work! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous work Cathy - I love all your zentangles but the Joey's Inspiration Challenge is really turning out trumps for you - just stunning. Your brother's suggestion for trout is on a par with my husband's - he said to do it on a plate!! So glad your Wednesday turned out so good and that you were welcomed back so heartily! Enjoy your freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice trout! Joeys is coming along very nicely too and sounds like you had a fun start to the week with your visiting:-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow your Joey montage is looking SO good! I love how you are connecting the tiles, and the unifying red here and there is a nice touch

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!