Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Wednesday's Post

     Good morning!  I am glad you stopped by this morning.  I am inside where it is warm.  I suppose it is not really that cold outside compared to what some of you might be experiencing, but I am chilly. 
     Some good "medical" news!  My blood work looked good and my new A1c is 1.5 points lower than last time.  I have been working very hard - low carb bread, noodles, no heavy snacks . . . .  in other words struggling, lol!  But I am getting there.  Truth is I had gotten lazy there for a while.  When I first became diabetic, I went in to panic mode.  I wrote down every carb that went into my mouth in a little notebook - I mean EVERY.  Of course it paid off.  My hospital A1c was 12.7 and shortly after dropped to 6.9.  But living like that was wearing.  I sort of became obsessed.  Then I lightened up a little, then some more, then too much.  So now I am back to being more diligent, but not as fanatical.  Careful, not obsessed.  Okay, enough on me.
      The inchie this Monday was goose.  I chose to do the goose with her famous golden egg.  Sad news, Every Inchie Monday is ending after this year.  I really hate that.  I look forward to those little inches!  Perhaps I can find something to replace it, but it will be hard.
     This week's 3D object from Joey was to do the letter of our first name in 3D then tangle it using the tangle Elvira.

      I also completed several more coloring pages form the Color It freebies.  It was nice to see so many interested in checking them out.  They really are a great site.


     Now off to some online shopping.  I am trying to make up my mind about some Christmas presents.  I also am trying to decide whether to put a set of Derwent INKtense pencils on my own list.  Anyone use those?  What is your opinion?
     See you next week!  I hope you have a great week and take care!  Hugs! 


8 comments:

  1. Good news about the A1c numbers! You worked for those, so be proud of yourself. One of my customers at the waffle house was told by his doctor to walk a mile a day. He did, and now he doesn't have to use any kind of diabetic meds at all. I couldn't do that, sigh. Anyway, well done, you!

    Nice job with the letter C. I'm having problems with Elvira. Your coloring pages are gorgeous...I love Christmas pictures.

    You could do the Inchie Mondays...you already have a blog...just come up with 52 ideas, right? Something to think about...if you decide to do it, I'll help you with ideas, if you want me to. Your little goose is so cute...glad you can't see mine, lol!!

    JoyceB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the diet front, keep up the good work! Like you I shall miss the inchie challenge- the Twinchie one I used to do folded a few years back too so I guess I'll need to see if I can find out if there are any further ones on line. I was the very lucky recipient of a tin of 12 inktense pencils a couple of years ago, I love the intensity of colour that they give, much stronger than regular watercolour pencils. Nice art this week (as always).

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great art and inchie. I am pre diabetic, and have the will power of a dead slug. I find for once in my life I have a sweet tooth, before I would rather have something savoury. We eat a very good diet, and I am puzzled as to why this has happened, no sign of it in my family. We don't eat many carbs, and don't eat biscuits and cakes. I give up, hope you get yours sorted.
    Hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the A1C! I love all the artwork. It is always beautiful. I dont know how you do it!. Good luck on the Christmas shopping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely inchie...glad someone remembered the golden egg as it seems that geese are not on top of everyone's list of favourite bird! Maybe if they laid more of these they would find their popularity rising? Good work on the diet management...stress can negatively affect these outcomes, so good work on relaxing a little more...it is all about balance.
    I have given Christmas the big heave ho this year, not in a bah humbug way, we will still meet for lunch but it won't be the traditional dinner, (too hot here anyway) and definitely no pressies...but for you I would put those Inktense pencils on the list, I love mine and am rapidly wearing the into stubs...Dx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve just realised I didn’t comment - I got so excited about the colouring projects but it’s inky for those who live in USA!! I forgot to come back and comment!! I love your colouring - so pleasing to the eye and a lovely goose inchie. Glad all your results have improved and you are relaxing a bit - take care and look after yourself - you are the most important person in your life so look after you!!! Love Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!