Monday, December 18, 2017

Photo overload, sorry!

      I promised pictures of my Christmas cards so sit back for a few moments and indulge me!  I worked for three days on these!  I always say I will start on gifts and cards really early (like summer), but do I ever?  No.  Not even with more time than usual this year.  Anyway, I had a lot of fun constructing these and now just hope they make it through the mail without destruction!




          The inchie word was either moose or reindeer for this week.  I had to do Rudolph of course.  Although a "Chris-moose" was a consideration! It is so hard to believe that next week my beloved Inchie challenge will end - forever!  I do hope someone takes up the mantle and keeps it going.  I really considered it, but I would have no idea on how to proceed.  Oh well, here is Rudolph!
     Joey's challenge this week was to tangle around the word PEACE using tangles that began with each letter of the word.  I used pax, evilgram, anooka, chainging, and elfhat.  I am very satisfied with the results.  Do wish I had centered it on my page, but  . . .
     I seriously cannot wait until Christmas and opening packages.  Yes, I am quite the kid at this season.  My brother and I have a blast shopping for each other and tormenting each other with hints.  He has been particularly mean this year.  I usually get some idea what he has done, but it is a total no-go this year!  I know he will get the things I asked for - coloring books, zentangle supplies and the like, but it those "surprises" that drive me crazy.  Normally we open presents really early using the excuse that it would be nice if I could have more time to use the things I got before having to rush back to school.  But I cannot think of a reasonable reason to open NOW.  I better grab my pencils and get to staying busy!
     I hope you are having a wonderful week.  I will try to get in a post next week, but I don't know.  I hope to be very busy!  Merry Christmas and the happiest of Holidays to each and every one of you!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you Cathy, for your good wishes..your cards look fabulous.I make boxes if I need to post dimensional cards...yours look fabulous...have great fun with your presents, I can get glimmer of your sense of anticipation from your comments! I like the thought of "Chrismoose"! Dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are gorgeous! I especially love the snow globes! I have cutter machine envy (Cricut or ?) I have always wanted to play around with one. Any advice on what to buy or avoid?
    Your challenge turned out exquisite! So delicate and pretty!
    Happy Christmas to you, and please do share what your sneaky brother tormented you with this year! ;o)
    xo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and beautiful tangle, also! The PEACE tangle could also be used as a card, IMO.

    Anyway, hope you and your brother have a very Merry Christmas, and like Joey said, let us know what he got you, lol.

    JoyceB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards and I love what you did for Joey's challenge. Very pretty!
    Happy Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards and a cute reindeer.
    Have a great Christmas, hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. so much lovely detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the peace tangle it is so amazing! The inchie is also adorable! I also thought about going on with the inchie blog but I cant do it all by myself. Maybe we should collaborate? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I left a message for you on my blog, I need your email to message you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!